DEFINING OUR VALUES
The essence of what we stand for and what we’re here to achieve is embedded deeply in our values.
We are always curious and seeking more knowledge and opportunities.
- Asking the right questions to identify the best outcomes for those that we work with
- Embracing complexity and challenges and thriving on overcoming adversity
- Creating, shaping, and building tailored solutions
But, what if we could?
We always put people first, and we remember that at the centre of each idea or business is a person.
- Building connections with people
- Focusing on what matters to the individual, as well as the business
- Listening to what people say, as well as what they don’t say
How do we build the idea AND the person?
We believe we do better work when we seek the ideas, opinions, and support of others.
- Respecting and celebrating each other’s different skills, experiences, and beliefs
- Creating a safe space to share ideas with an open mind
- Working with others to make sure the outcome is the best it could be, and helping others to do the same
What other voices do we need to hear?
We put the building blocks in place for ongoing momentum.
- Understanding when to lead, when to support from behind, or when to walk alongside
- Generating momentum through passion, and empowering others through knowledge and experience
- Enabling growth of all kinds, not just looking to provide a solution to the immediate problem
“Will the energy we put in today bring more opportunities tomorrow?”
We are independent and objective.
- Providing frank and fearless advice and support that is realistic and honest
- Striving for quality and excellence in all that we do
- Consistently challenging our own biases
“Are we doing the best that we can do?”
ALIGNMENT TO THE SUSTAINABLE
In doesn’t matter where a business is based, its actions can still have impact across the broader community. The van Diemen Project understands this and has deliberately aligned its actions to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Agreed upon by the 197 member countries of the United Nations in 2015, the Sustainable Development Goals provide a global framework for sustainable development in all fields.
The van Diemen Project, through paid work and community volunteering, will work towards a number of the Sustainable Development Goals. However, we believe that our actions are most aligned to the goals and targets listed below. By aligning our actions to these goals, we are acknowledging we have a role, however minor, in enabling the change, as well as creating an accountability to the global community and opening ourselves up to opportunities to collaborate with like-minded organisations.
Promote sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
8.2 Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors.
8.3 Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalization and growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, including through access to financial services.
8.4 Improve progressively, through 2030, global resource efficiency in consumption and production and endeavour to decouple economic growth from environmental degradation, in accordance with the 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production, with developed countries taking the lead.
8.5 By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value.
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
9.3 Increase the access of small-scale industrial and other enterprises, in particular in developing countries, to financial services, including affordable credit, and their integration into value chains and markets.
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
11.3 By 2030, enhance inclusive and sustainable urbanization and capacity for participatory, integrated and sustainable human settlement planning and management in all countries.
11.4 Strengthen efforts to protect and safeguard the world’s cultural and natural heritage.
GET IN TOUCH
Have questions, queries, comments? Want help solving a problem? The best way to get in touch with us is via this form.
The information collected gives us the best idea of how we can help you and what information we need to get you there.
53 Elizabeth Street, Launceston Tasmania 7250